Miso soup recipe is a quick, easy, and perfect soup for those days when you forget about planning your meal and need something to eat and warm you up. This vegan miso soup asks for vegetable stock instead of dashi, traditional Japanese stock usually made with bonito flakes. You won’t regret buying a miso pack, as you will certainly prepare miso soup lots of times and it remains good for a while in the refrigerator.
Miso is a fermented soybean paste that may be white, with a milder and sweeter taste, yellow with a golden color, that’s a little more fermented and red, or a dark one, with a saltier, smokier, and stronger taste. Soup may be prepared with any one of them; the choice depends on your taste for milder or stronger flavors and aromas.
Stock must be flavorful and greens must cook for a while, and the miso must be added only after turning off the heat, as it loses flavor if it boils. Don’t forget to dissolve miso in a little amount of stock beforehand to avoid lumps. As miso soup is served in individual bowls and you should drink it, ingredients like tofu, mushrooms, and greens (as kale, collard greens, baby spinach leaves, or nori sheets) need to be chopped or diced in small pieces. This miso soup recipe is very quick to prepare, taking you only 15 minutes from start to finish!
How to Make This Vegan Miso Soup Recipe With Greens And Tofu?
STEP 1 – Heat stock in a saucepan over medium heat.
STEP 2 – Meanwhile, add 2 tbsp of stock to miso paste and stir to dissolve evenly.
STEP 3 – When the stock comes to a boil, turn heat to low, add nori and collard greens and cook for about 5 minutes, until tender but not mushy.
STEP 4 – Turn off the heat, stir in miso, tofu, and chives. Transfer to 4 bowls and serve.
Check out the printable recipe below and let me know what you think about this vegan miso soup ingredients (comments below)
Quick And Easy Miso Soup With Greens And Tofu
- 6 cups vegetable stock or dashi Japanese style fish stock
- 2 sheets nori chopped
- 1 cup collard greens chopped
- 4 tbsp miso paste of your choice
- ½ cup silken tofu diced, or to taste
- 4 tbsp chives chopped
- 1 - Heat stock in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 2 – Meanwhile, add 2 tbsp of stock to miso paste and stir to dissolve evenly.
- 3 - When the stock comes to a boil, turn heat to low, add nori and collard greens and cook for about 5 minutes, until tender but not mushy.
- 4 - Turn off the heat, stir in miso, tofu, and chives. Transfer to 4 bowls and serve.