Philly Cheesesteak Sliders: Savor the delectable blend of thinly sliced onions and green peppers sautéed in olive oil, combined with freshly shaved steak infused with a hint of Worcestershire sauce and a sprinkle of garlic powder for that extra kick. Top this off on a pack of sweet bread buns, layered with smooth provolone cheese, and caressed with a glaze of melted butter, dried thyme, and an additional touch of Worcestershire sauce for a burst of flavor. Immerse yourself in the mouthwatering world of Philly Cheesesteak Sliders without delay!
Why You Will Love this Philly Cheesesteak Slider Recipe
The Flavor Secrets Behind Our Philly Cheesesteak Sliders Success:
Olive Oil: The foundation of this Philly Cheesesteak Sliders recipe, olive oil adds a hint of richness and ensures your onions and green peppers attain that perfect sauté. It’s the silent hero that brings out the flavors of the other ingredients, making them sing in harmony with the sweet bread buns.
Freshly Shaved Steak: This is the star of the show, providing robust flavor and tender, easy-to-eat slices. The beef, coupled with Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder, delivers an explosion of taste that makes each bite a culinary celebration.
Sweet Bread Buns & Provolone Cheese: The sweet bread buns house all the delectable ingredients, offering a hint of sweetness that perfectly balances the savory elements, while the provolone cheese melts into a creamy, velvety layer, binding everything together in a warm embrace.
Simple Ingredients for Philly Cheesesteak Sliders:
Here’s what you’ll need to make the slider:
Olive Oil: A light drizzle is all it takes to bring together the onions and green peppers giving them a rich flavor while preventing any sticking during sautéing. Opt, for virgin olive oil for an additional layer of taste.
Green Pepper: Thinly slice these ingredients to ensure cooking and a seamless combination with each bite of your slider. Their fresh and crisp flavors provide a contrast, to the steak and cheese.
Freshly Shaved Steak: This is where the magic happens. Choose a high-quality cut of steak. Have it freshly shaved for tender and flavorful results. It’s truly the heart and soul of your Philly Cheesesteak Sliders so quality is crucial!
Worcestershire Sauce: Adding this ingredient brings a burst of flavor that gives the steak its mouthwatering taste. Remember, a little goes a way so measure carefully!
Ground Garlic Powder: Sprinkling a bit enhances the flavor of the steak adding warmth and savory depth that beautifully complements the other ingredients.
Salt & Pepper: Use these classic seasonings according to your taste preferences allowing you to customize the sliders to your perfect flavor profile. Don’t be afraid to give them a pinch! Delicious Bread Buns; Opt, for tender buns that can absorb all the juices while providing a delightful contrast, to the savory filling.
Provolone Cheese: This cheese melts perfectly enveloping the steak in an embrace. Its mild taste allows the steak to shine while adding a gooey texture.
Melted Butter: The golden liquid is brushed onto the buns for a buttery touch giving them a golden color as they bake.
Dried Thyme; of ground thyme dried thyme is used to add an earthy flavor to the buttery topping creating an intricate flavor profile that will make your taste buds dance with delight.
Extra Worcestershire Sauce: For the topping an additional dash of Worcestershire sauce intensifies the flavors ensuring each bite is bursting with zesty goodness.
How to Make Philly Cheesesteak Sliders:
Start by setting your oven to a toasty 400 degrees Fahrenheit. As it warms up, grab a large pan and let the olive oil dance around it. Toss in your thinly sliced onions and green peppers, letting them mingle and soften to perfection. Next, invite the shaved steak to the party, adding dashes of Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and your preferred amounts of salt and pepper. Ensure the steak loses its red attire, signifying it’s ready to join the feast.
Now, take your sweet rolls and slice them as one big family, placing them on a baking sheet, ready to be loaded with the steak mixture. Spread the steak, onions, and peppers evenly on the bottom half, and let the provolone cheese blanket them with love and warmth. Crown them with the top half of the buns, and prepare a luscious mixture of melted butter, dried thyme, and Worcestershire sauce. Brush this golden concoction generously over the buns, sending them off to bask in the oven for 17-20 minutes. Once golden and melty, bring them out, and let the feast begin!
- Feel free to substitute the provolone with your preferred cheese to add your personal touch to the Philly Cheesesteak Sliders.
- If you find your melted butter mixture thickening, gently reheat it to attain the perfect brushable consistency.
- For a zesty twist, consider adding a splash of hot sauce to the steak as it cooks.
Absolutely! Feel free to use your preferred thinly sliced meat. Just ensure it’s cooked thoroughly before assembling the sliders.
Of course! Swap out the provolone for mozzarella, cheddar, or your favorite melty cheese to make the sliders your own.
Serve these warm straight out of the oven, ideally alongside some crispy fries or a fresh salad for a complete, satisfying meal. Enjoy your Philly Cheesesteak Sliders adventure!
Always ensure to relish each step, infuse love, and laugh along the way. After all, cooking is a joyful journey! Bon Appétit!
More Recipes to Try!
Check out the printable recipe below and let me know what you think about This Philly Cheesesteak Sliders (comments below).
Philly Cheesesteak Sliders Recipe
- 15 g Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion Thinly Sliced
- 1 Large Green Pepper Thinly Sliced
- 227 g Freshly Shaved Steak
- 15 g Worcestershire Sauce
- 2.5 g Ground Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 12 Pack of Sweet Bread Buns
- 6 Slices of Provolone Cheese
- 15 g Melted Butter
- 5 g Dried Thyme (Not Ground)
- 2.5 g Worcestershire Sauce
- Preheat your oven to a welcoming 400°F (204°C).
- In a large, inviting pan, swirl 15g of olive oil and introduce the sliced onion and green pepper. Let them soften and share their flavors on medium-high heat.
- Welcome the 227g of shaved steak into the pan, along with 15g of Worcestershire sauce, 2.5g of garlic powder, and your choice of salt and pepper. Ensure the steak is fully cooked and ready to mingle.
- Slice your pack of sweet bread buns in half horizontally, keeping the buns united. Lay them on a baking sheet, ready for their topping.
- Distribute the steak mixture evenly over the buns’ lower half, then drape 6 slices of provolone cheese over the steak.
- Adorn with the top half of the buns, and lovingly brush a blend of 15g melted butter, 5g dried thyme, and 2.5g Worcestershire sauce over the top.
- Let the sliders bask in the oven’s warmth for 17-20 minutes, or until they reach a golden, melty perfection.
- Serve the Philly Cheesesteak Sliders and bask in the culinary adoration!