The best appetizer at Olive Garden is the Chicken Alfredo Pizza Fritta. It is not surprising that today I will recreate this recipe with a copycat of my own.
If you’re new to cooking, don’t let the idea of making food from your favorite restaurant intimidate you. It is a great way to start cooking by creating recipes similar to ones that you, or someone else, are already familiar with.
This copycat Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo Pizza Fritta recipe is the best copy version you’ll find online.
As a food blogger, I have had my share of successes and failures in the recipes that I post to my blog. This recipe is a remake of the successful Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo Pizza Fritta.
Who doesn’t love the Chicken Alfredo Pizza Fritta?! It’s a delicious combination of pizza and fried food. So this recipe is based on that appetizer at Olive Garden. You can eat them individually or make more to feed a small army!
What is the Chicken Alfredo Pizza Fritta Recipe?
Copycat Olive Garden recipe: Chicken Alfredo pizza fritta. This is a quick and easy copycat recipe that will make you feel like you are eating at your favorite Italian restaurant. The chicken Alfredo is the star of this dish, and the pizzas come with a delicious sauce made from mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Why make this copycat Olive Garden Chicken Alfred Pizza Recipe?
Copycat Olive Garden recipe for Chicken Alfredo Pizza Fritta is a great way to enjoy the delicious chicken Alfredo dish at home without having to leave the comfort of your own home. The dish is simple to make and requires only a few ingredients that you likely have on hand. Plus, it’s easy to customize to taste just the way you like it by including different toppings, such as mushrooms, onions, or even red pepper flakes.
What kind of chicken does Olive Garden use?
If you’re a fan of Olive Garden, then you’ll love this copycat recipe for their Chicken Alfredo Fritta. But what kind of chicken does Olive Garden use? Their website states that they only use fresh, never frozen, chicken breast tenderloins. This is what you will use to make olive garden chicken alfredo.
What do you need to make this Olive Garden Chicken Alfred Pizza Recipe?
To make a Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo Pizza Fritta, you will need:
-One pizza crust (homemade or store-bought) I use Homemade.
-One cup of shredded parmesan cheese you can use (Romano cheese or Mozarella)
-One handful of parsley leaves (Optional)
-Salt and pepper, to taste.
How does this copycat olive garden chicken alfredo taste?
Copycat recipes can be risky, but this one is a success!
The verdict? The chicken pizza fritta tastes just like the original and is a delicious way to enjoy a classic dish. This copycat olive garden chicken alfredo recipe is easy to follow, and you can even make it ahead of time if you plan on eating it as a meal.
What is Olive Garden Alfredo sauce made of?
If you love Olive Garden’s Chicken Pizza Fritta, then you’re going to want to learn how to make the marinara sauce that goes with it. This copycat olive garden chicken alfredo recipe is easy to follow and yields a delicious, authentic-tasting sauce.
To start, heat a large pot over medium heat and add some olive oil. Then, add minced onion and cook until softened. Next, stir in a minced garlic clove and cook for just a minute more.
Now, it’s time to add the tomato paste and crushed tomatoes. Give everything a good stir and then season with salt, pepper, sugar, and dried basil. Allow the sauce to simmer for about 15 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Your marinara sauce is now ready to use! Serve it over the Chicken Alfredo Fritta or use it as a dipping sauce for breadsticks. Enjoy!
What seasoning is good on Alfredo?
When it comes to Alfredo, there are a few key seasonings that can really take this dish to the next level. A good rule of thumb is to start with a base of salt and pepper and then add in other herbs and spices to taste. Some popular options include garlic, onion powder, oregano, and basil. If you really want to give your Alfredo a boost, try adding a bit of crushed red pepper flakes for some heat.
Here are a few hacks to make this recipe chicken alfredo olive garden copycat:
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F before you start cooking. This will help the chicken cook more evenly.
2. Cut the chicken into small, bite-sized pieces so that it will cook faster and more evenly.
3. The key to a good alfredo sauce is to slowly simmer it until it thickens. Don’t be tempted to turn up the heat to speed up the process, or else you’ll risk burning the sauce.
4. Once the sauce is done, feel free to add in some extra seasonings like black pepper or red pepper flakes.
What can I add to chicken Alfredo to make it taste better?
To enhance the flavor of your chicken Alfredo, here are some tips. One option is to add some garlic to the sauce. This will give it a more robust flavor that will complement the chicken nicely. Another option is to add some red pepper flakes to the dish. This will give it a bit of a kick and help to balance out the flavors. Lastly, you could try adding some Parmesan cheese to the sauce. This will add a bit of salty flavor and make the dish more savory.
This copycat recipe will do just the trick. The key to this pizza is getting the breading and sauce perfectly crispy – give it a try and see if you can make it as good or even better than the original!
Check out the printable recipe below and let me know what you think about this copycat chicken alfredo pizza recipe (comments below).
How to make chicken alfredo fritta olive garden copycat
Chicken Alfredo Pizza Fritta (Copycat)
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ⅓ c. warm water
- 3 ½ c. flour divided
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp active dry yeast
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt (use seasoned salt for extra flavor)
- 1 tsp dried oregano (or thyme, parsley, rosemary)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 4 chicken breasts
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- ½ c. butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 garlic cloves minced (in a pinch use 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 c. Parmesan or Romano cheese freshly grated
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper or to taste
- Optional: Parsley as garnish or marinara sauce to dip
- Step 1: Over the warm water in a liquid measuring cup, sprinkle the yeast. Keep this aside for about 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Place 3 c. (375 grams) of the flour, Parmesan, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a bowl. Mix well until blended. Then, add 2 tbsp olive oil and mix well until incorporated. Over the flour mixture, pour the yeast water. Mix again until the dough shapes into a ball.
- Step 3: Onto a floured surface, transfer the dough, and knead for approximately 10 minutes until you have a tight dough formed into a ball.
- Step 4: In a bowl, drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil and transfer the dough to it. Cover the dough and allow it to rise in a warm area for 1 hour or until the dough doubles.
- Step 5: On a floured surface, flip the bowl and allow the dough to fall. Into 2-inch or 5 cm pieces, cut the dough and roll each into balls.
- Step 6: Into about half an inch (1 cm) thick and 5-inches (12 cm) wide circle shape, start forming the dough. Ensure the center of the circle is not too thin. Repeat the process with the rest of the dough.
- Step 7: Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 425 degrees F.
- Step 8: Pound each chicken breast thin using a meat mallet or rolling pin. To ensure even cooking, make sure the fillets have the same thickness.
- Step 9: Into a small bowl, place the dry ingredients. Mix well until combined.
- Step 10: Using foil or parchment paper, line a baking pan. Lay the chicken onto the pan. Sprinkle with the seasoning and drizzle with the oil. Rub the seasoning on the entire chicken until evenly coated.
- Step 11: On the tops of the chicken breasts, distribute small pieces of butter.
- Step 12: Place the baking pan in the preheated oven and bake the chicken for about 16 to 18 minutes until the edges of the chicken are crisp and their internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F or 75 degrees C.
- Step 13: To the top rack, move the chicken and broil during the last 3 to 4 minutes of cooking on high or until the edges of the chicken are golden and crisp.
- Step 14: Take the chicken out of the oven and loosely tent. Before piercing or cutting the baked chicken, allow them to rest for about 10 minutes. Once the baked chicken is cooled, chop them into dime-sized pieces.
- Sep 15: Place the butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese in a medium saucepan and cook on medium heat, whisking until melted.
- Step 16: To the pan, add the minced garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook further, stirring until smooth. Then, add the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Step 17: Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
To Assemble & Fry:
- Step 18: Onto the middle of the dough, spoon about 1 to 2 tbsp of the Alfredo sauce. On top, spoon 1 to 2 tbsp chopped chicken. Over the filling, fold the dough and seal, pinching the edge of the dough and folding it back. Do the same with the remaining dough.
- Step 19: In the meantime, heat 2 inches (5 cm) of oil until the temperature registers 365 degrees F or 185 degrees C.
- Step 20: Into the hot oil, place the calzones, two at a time. Fry for about 3 minutes per side. On a paper towel-lined plate, transfer the calzones.
- Step 21: On the plate, place a bowl with the remaining tomato sauce. Before serving, sprinkle the calzones with some parsley. Serve right away. Enjoy!