White Forest Cake – Here is a recipe for the White Forest Cake, which is a German dessert that resembles a moist chocolate cake with fresh cherries on top. It’s an easy recipe that results in a delicious cake that is perfect for any celebration, especially Easter or Christmas.
Forest cakes are one of those classic desserts that never go out of style, there’s always a place for them on the table. And since they’re so popular, it’s no surprise that people like to experiment with different flavors, frostings, and design ideas. Whether you prefer your forest cake to be black or white- this recipe is sure to please!
In this blog post, I will show you how to make a white forest cake that is perfect for any celebration. With a recipe for the white forest cake and some tips on what you should do with your design, you’ll be able to create an amazing cake that everyone will love!
What is a White Forest Cake?
A white forest cake is a classic dessert that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you are hosting a party or simply want to enjoy a delicious treat, this cake is sure to please. While it may seem like a daunting task to make a white Forest cake, it is actually quite simple. With just a few ingredients and a little time, you can create this stunning dessert.
A White Forest Cake is a classic dessert that originates from Germany. It is a chocolate sponge cake that is layered with whipped cream and cherries. The cake gets its name from the fact that it is traditionally decorated with white chocolate shavings on top, giving it a forest-like appearance.
If you’re looking to impress your guests with a delicious and elegant dessert, then look no further than the White Forest Cake! Here’s everything you need to know about how to make this classic cake.
Here are some more delicious cake recipes that you will love:
- Lemon Cake To Die For Recipe
- The Best Cheesecake Recipe Ever
- 33 Mouthwatering 4th of July Desserts You Can Whip Up In Your Kitchen
What is white forest cake made of?
This classic White Forest Cake is made with layers of moist chocolate cake, filled and frosted with a rich and creamy chocolate ganache. It’s then decorated with white chocolate shavings, edible flowers, and fresh berries. The perfect cake for any celebration!
How to Decorate a White Forest Cake?
Assuming you have a white forest cake already made, here are some tips on how to decorate it.
-Use chocolate shavings or curls as a garnish on top of the cake. You could also use chopped nuts, like hazelnuts or almonds.
-If you want to get really creative, pipe on some whipped cream in a design around the edge of the cake or in the center. Then, top with your chosen garnish.
-You could also pipe melted chocolate onto the cake in a design. Be sure to let it cool and harden before serving.
What Flavour is white forest cake?
The traditional White Forest cake is actually a chocolate sponge cake, layered with chocolate ganache and cherry filling. The outside of the cake is then coated with a layer of white chocolate buttercream, and decorated with chocolate shavings and cherries.
So if you’re wondering what gives this cake its characteristic white color, it’s actually the white chocolate buttercream! And as for the flavor, it’s a rich and decadent chocolatey treat, with a hint of cherry sweetness. Yum!
What is the difference between white forest cake and black forest cake?
The difference between white forest cake and black Forest cake is the type of chocolate used in the cake. White forest cake uses white chocolate whipped cream frosting, while black Forest cake uses dark chocolate.
When it comes to cakes, there are endless possibilities. If you’re looking for something a little different than the traditional white forest cake, here are some alternative ideas.
1. Chocolate Forest Cake – This mouth-watering cake is perfect for chocolate lovers. It’s made with layers of rich chocolate cake, filled with a chocolate ganache, and topped with chocolate shavings.
2. Raspberry Forest Cake – A delicious twist on the classic white forest cake, this version is made with layers of moist raspberry cake, filled with a tart raspberry jam, and topped with fresh raspberries.
3. Strawberry Forest Cake – A summertime favorite, this pretty pink cake is made with layers of moist strawberry cake, filled with sweet strawberry cream, and topped with fresh strawberries.
4. Blueberry Forest Cake – A fun and festive cake for any occasion, this one is made with layers of moist blueberry cake, filled with a tart blueberry filling, and topped with fresh blueberries.
Check out the printable recipe below and let me know what you think about this White Forest Cake Recipe (comments below).
White Forest Cake Recipe
- ⅔ c. granulated sugar
- 3 c. pitted dark sweet cherries – fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp kirsch kirschwasser – or brandy, rum, cognac, or unsweetened cherry juice
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
White Cake Layers:
- 1 ½ c. cake flour – sifted; measured using a kitchen scale or with the spoon and level method
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅔ c. granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter – room temperature
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ c. full-fat buttermilk – room temperature
- 5 tsp vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites – room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- baking spray
White Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting:
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate – chopped
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- shaved white chocolate – for topping
- 1 tbsp white chocolate instant pudding mix – optional to stabilize whipped cream
Prepare Cherry-Kirsch Filling:
- Step 1: In a saucepan, place the filling ingredients and stir well. Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring. Once boiling, decrease the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until the filling has thickened.
- Step 2: Remove from the heat and allow the filling to cool. Then, cover and keep the filling in the fridge until ready to use.
- Step 3: Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C. Using parchment paper or silicone liners, line three 6-inch cake pans, and grease them with baking spray.
- Step 4: In a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, place the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Then, add the butter and mix until you have a mixture that resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the oil.
- Step 5: Next, add the buttermilk and beat until smooth before adding the vanilla.
- Step 6: Slowly add the egg whites while the mixer is running on low, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Step 7: Into the prepared cake pans, equally divide the batter. Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cakes comes out clean.
- Step 8: Remove from the oven when done and allow the cake layers to cool for about 10 minutes in the pan before inverting to a wire rack to cool fully.
White Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting:
- Step 10: In the microwave, heat the chopped white chocolate with a cup of heavy cream for 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth. Then, add the rest of the heavy cream and stir well until smooth. Place the mixture in the fridge to chill. This step, you can do this a day in advance.
- Step 11: Once the mixture is chilled, whip the mixture using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment until fluffy. To stabilize the whipped cream frosting, you can add 1 tbsp of the white chocolate pudding mix. Keep mixing until stiff peaks form.
To Assemble the Cake:
- Step 12: On a turntable or parchment-lined cake stand, place 1 cake and top it with about half a cup of the cherry filling followed with 2/3 c. of the whipped cream frosting. Do the same with the second cake layer.
- Step 13: Next, add the third cake layer. On the top and sides of the cake, add more whipped cream frosting. Then, top with extra cherry filling. If desired, place some shaved white chocolate on top.